Saturday, July 4, 2009

Hide and Seek

Hide and seek used to be my favourite childhood game, so long ago. Hiding was never an issue for me - I'm short. I guess usually the only thing that would give me away was my tendency to giggle whenever I heard footsteps coming directly towards me. Games like Hide and Seek have an air of innocence about them. And once that innocence is stripped away, all that is left is a small child; broken, hurting and craving someone to take the pain away.

I think that's what I do now. Associate that game with him.

Once the past is gone, you can't get it back. You can't get back what someone took from you.

I guess looking forward is the only option.

3 comments:

  1. Looking forward is the BEST option too Little Roo! There is so much great stuff in front of you! Harbro

    ReplyDelete
  2. Today I take all my unhappy memories out of my body and place them in a basket. My pain, my anger, and my resentments are placed in this basket. I have an angel that takes this basket of unhappiness from my hands and flies to the outer reaches of the universe and transforms it into loving energy that will revisit me later today. I forgive those around me and ask for divine assistance to hold me in a state of continual forgiveness.
    An affirmation for my dearest Little Roo.
    Love you,
    Auntie Wendy

    ReplyDelete